twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How do I transfer my old email to new email and delete old yahoo email because I receive to much junk mail?

I want to close my old yahoo email address and open a new one but I would like to keep my contacts and files from old email can I transfer it without having to enter all the info again?

How do I transfer my old email to new email and delete old yahoo email because I receive to much junk mail?
The answer: Kind of.





Let me explain.





Go to http://profiles.yahoo.com and click "Edit my profiles."





Here you'll be able to add another "profile" making your account synonymous with multiple usernames; you will now be able to log in with this username and additionally people will be able to email you at username@yahoo.com. This username will have all of the same capabilities of your original.





To stop the spammers now, go to "Filters" under "Mail Options" and set it to block any emails with your old username in the "TO" field.





I think this will have the same effect you were hoping for, but just going about it a different way. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment