twitter




Friday, November 6, 2009

How do I make Yahoo email my default for all programs on my computer?

When I click for updates or to send error reports, I get Outlook and I want my yahoo email instead.

How do I make Yahoo email my default for all programs on my computer?
Set Internet Explorer or Firefox to open a Yahoo! Mail Compose window if you click an email link on a web page. Email links appear all over the place – contact us links, feedback links, peoples’ underlined names. So, what email program opens when you click links like these? Make it Yahoo! Mail!





Here’s how to set your PC, running either Internet Explorer or Firefox, to open your account’s Compose window when you click an email link on a web page. There’s not an official version for the Mac - yet.





PC -- Internet Explorer or Firefox





1.From the “Start” pop-up menu in the lower left corner of your desktop, select “Settings” %26gt; “Control Panel”.


2.In the Control Panel, select “Internet Options”. This opens the “Internet Properties” window.


3.Click the “Programs” tab along the top.


4.Click the “E-mail” pull-down menu, and select Yahoo! Mail*


Click OK.





*Are you not seeing Yahoo! Mail in your list of E-mail programs? Download Yahoo! Messenger. It’s easy, it’s quick, and it puts Yahoo! Mail in your E-mail application list.





http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ya...





You can download Yahoo! Messenger here:


http://messenger.yahoo.com/





If you already have Yahoo! Messenger, re-install it. If you don't want Yahoo! Messenger and uninstall it, it should leave Yahoo! Mail in the list of email options.
Reply:I run microsoft and I click on start and there is an icon that says set Program Access and Defaults.


Click on it and hit custom and it should bring up email defaults etc..set it to say use my current email program and uncheck the box that says enable access to this program.


It should have Outlook Express as an option for email as well but when you set it for current email program and uncheck the box beside Outlook it should then allow you to use yahoo mail.


If the computer was set up for Outlook Express sometimes you can't click on a link on a website without it automatically going to your Outlook email address.I have to copy and paste to get it to my yahoo mail.


I am not sure how this works if you are using a Mac instead of a PC.


No comments:

Post a Comment